Boyle is a relatively new bait that is used to fish for carp species. The most indisputable advantage of the boil is that it gives a chance to fish out a trophy specimen.
Correctly made boilies are the key to prey fishing for carp, carp, and bream. Boyles are balls from a kind of dough. Boyles differ in taste, aroma, color, caliber - depending on what the fish love.
Cooking boilies yourself is very elementary. About how to make boilies, we will tell in our material.
Making boilies at home can be compared to cooking a dinner for an ordinary housewife. You can just rummage around the refrigerator without leaving your home, "scrape through the guts" and cook a perfectly acceptable dish. In another case, you can go to the store, purchase various products and, using modern kitchen equipment, prepare something worthy of the restaurant menu.
The production of homemade boilies is no different. If at a minimum, then you can take the cereal, flour and seasonings available in each house, knead the dough with the addition of eggs, roll out, mold the balls, throw them in boiling water for a couple of minutes and that's it, the boilies are ready.
But you can buy special ingredients for boilies: flavors, dyes, nutritional supplements, as well as some auxiliary equipment - a rolling board, a syringe for sausages. In this case, you can cook boilies in quality comparable to expensive "branded" ones, or maybe even superior to them.
Such small balls should be slightly larger than a pea. They have a very dense consistency, so they do not attach them to the hook itself, but to the tap of a special leash fixed next to it. Boyles are an excellent bait for crucian carp, catfish, bream. Their main advantages:
- long shelf life
- the ability to store at any temperature,
- the number of small fish bites is reduced,
- the number of gatherings is reduced,
- does not dissolve in water for a long time,
- attracts fish due to smell and color.
The efficiency of boilers is explained both by their composition and size. In its density, such a bait can be of three types: sinking, neutral, floating. If carp is carried out in a pond whose bottom is soft and silty, then it is unacceptable to use sinking boilies, because they quickly sink into the silt and become invisible.
Neutral bait they fit much better, but they are very close to the bottom, so after 2 to 3 hours the boilies lose their aroma due to the characteristic smell of silt. You can avoid such a problem by using a floating bait that does not touch the bottom, allowing you to retain your attractive qualities for fish longer.
The best option is to use mini-boilies with a diameter of about 5 mm. Thanks to this, the fish easily swallows a hook with a small bait, and the fisherman successfully hooks it. The main thing is to properly feed the mini nozzle to the fish, using a snap in the form of a silicone ring or thread.
Basic and additional ingredients
Any boilies must contain ingredients that have:
- attracting aroma and taste
- structural integrity
- the nutritional value of the nozzle,
- sometimes - special coloring.
The composition of the floating bait practically does not differ from the usual composition. The difference lies in the method of making the dough: the sinking nozzle should be boiled, and the floating baked in the microwave. The ingredients for boilies are different.
For almost all baits, cereals and flour are needed, a mixture of which is called the base. A glass of cereal and flour requires two eggs. The basic mixture often consists of soy, barley or corn grits, peas, milk powder, millet, semolina. According to various recipes, corn flakes, buckwheat, gingerbread, breadcrumbs, bread, cookies, bran, etc. are added to the bait. The composition of the bait can include very nutrients or low-calorie ones, but which attract fish a lot.
Of the additional ingredients, flavorings are most often used - food or special, sold in fishing stores. Culinary seasonings (garlic, pepper, anise, fennel, dill), as well as prepared dip, chocolate powder, anise oil, vanillin, honey, etc. are used as flavorings. If the base is boilies represented by fishmealthen use additional flavoring is not necessary. Milk protein or milk powder is a source of easily digestible protein, vitamins, potassium, amino acids. Finely ground hemp seeds and sunflower seeds are a source of carbohydrates and fats, as well as an additional aroma that attracts fish.
To catch catfish, bream or carp more productively, enzymes should be added to the bait to increase the appetite of the fish and encourage it to look for food. For this purpose, digestive enzymes such as Essentiale forte N, Mezim forte, Festal are added to boilies. Cannabis, sunflower meal, fennel, and dill are also added there.
To make balls more attractive to fish, fishermen use dyes in dry or liquid form. The color of the bait is very important when fishing in winter, because during this period the carp does not feel aromas well and is looking for food with the help of vision. The color of the dye may be different. Many fishermen recommend using yellow dyes for boilies, and at night the carp willingly goes to the bait with fluorescent dyes.
To make your own boilies, you will need:
- capacity (pots, basins, bowls),
- a fork for mixing ingredients
- electronic kitchen clocks or measuring containers for bulk and liquid products,
- a pot and colander for cooking bait,
- cotton towel to dry.
To prepare the bait, there is special equipment:
- a table that is used for rolling out sausages,
- table for rolling out the bait.
Such equipment may not be purchased. But if boilies need to be made in large quantities and it has to be done constantly, then thanks to the syringe and the table for rolling boilies, it is much easier and cooking process is accelerated. In addition, a homemade bait will have strictly specified dimensions and a perfectly round shape.
Technology for cooking boilies
Such a process consists of the following steps:
- they take a container and mix the dry components of the future dough in it, and in another pan they make a “cocktail” of liquid products,
- the liquid fraction must be slowly poured into the dry mixture, stirring actively, this prevents lumps from forming, and the dough is dense, elastic and non-sticky,
- small pieces are cut from the dough and rolled into 1 cm thick sausages,
- the sausage is cut into several parts and rolled up balls,
- heat treatment is carried out in a microwave or pan with water.
If boilies are first boiled, and then dried and frozen, then the result is a dense sinking bait. She is able to stay in water for a long time, while not collapsing. If a microwave is used for the final processing of boilies, then the balls are porous and loose. They swim well, but in water they can quickly lose their shape and disintegrate.
Do-it-yourself universal recipes for boilies
Take one glass:
- soy flour
- milk powder.
Also, 2 cups of semolina, half a cup of hemp and sunflower seeds, 10 eggs, 2 tbsp. l sunflower oil. Sunflower seeds need to be ground on a blender and mixed with semolina and flour. Eggs are combined with vegetable oil. Then all the ingredients are mixed and a dough is obtained, from which the boilies are rolled. Then for two minutes they are boiled in boiling water.
Spring boilies from the top:
- 300 g ground makuki,
- 30 ml of fish oil,
- 10 pieces of eggs
- 100 g crushed roasted seeds,
- 20 g sugar
- 200 g of fishmeal
- 10 g of salt
- 50 g of wheat groats,
- 50 g of corn grits,
- 30 ml of attractant.
Boilies are steamed or microwaved. The boiled bait is placed in a grid and dried for 5 days. Then they are placed in the freezer. A properly prepared nozzle does not harden; it has a pleasant taste and aroma.
The success of fishing for bream on boilies depends on the composition of the bait, smell, proper bait. The bream is not caught without bait. For these purposes, cereals are usually used. Boyles do diameter 10 - 12 mm or a little more, because the mouth of the fish is small. The most popular bream bait recipe:
- 10 g flour
- 100 g ground seeds,
- 10 g sugar
- 30 g of egg powder.
You should knead a thick dough, which should settle. Then balls are rolled from it, boiled and dried.
The boilies that are made for catching catfish should be large - with a diameter of more than three centimeters. They put balls on the braided hair in several pieces at once. As a flavoring for bait, it is best to use the blood of birds and animals, liver, garlic, fish oil.
For bait on catfish, 100 g will be required:
- ground bird food,
- wheat flour
- milk powder
- rice flour.
Boiled peas are often used as bait when fishing for carp, bream, catfish, etc. The size of boilies should be more peas. To make pea boilies, you will need:
- 100 g ground peas,
- 0.5 tbsp. l glycerin
- 30 g semolina,
- 1 tbsp. l honey
- 1 tbsp. l corn oil.
The balls made are boiled for two minutes in salted water. You can use a double boiler. After that, they are dried and sent to the freezer.
To make corn boilies you will need:
- 400 g of cornmeal
- 100 g milk protein
- 50 g of salt
- 200 g soy flour
- 150 g semolina,
- 100 g hemp, fried seeds, oilcake.
Add 1 to 2 eggs, which are beaten separately, and then poured into the mixture. Stirring, bring to the test state. Cook the balls for 2 to 3 minutes.
Thus, boilies for fishing carp, bream, catfish can be made according to various recipes. Many anglers experiment with various additives. But you must take into account the type of reservoir, weather conditions, time of year, etc. Only in this case, you can count on a good catch of carp, catfish or bream.
Basic ingredients for cooking
At the heart of any boilies are components designed to provide:
- the nutritional value of the nozzle
- structural integrity
- attractive taste and aroma
- in some cases, special coloring
The so-called skeleton of boilies is made up of nutritious ingredients - products that provide a balanced dosage: proteins, minerals, proteins, vitamins, fats, carbohydrates. It:
- flour (corn, wheat, soy, fish)
- milk powder (milk protein)
- liquid or dry flavors
- liquid or dry colorants
- fishing bait mixture
- ground sunflower seeds (hemp) or hemp
- betaine hydrochloride
If everything is clear with the main components - this is the basic mixture for any recipe for boilies. As for the additional components, some of them can be used in various recipes for preparing homemade boilies. Their use is desirable, but in general, you can do without them.
Of the additional components, flavorings are most often used - these can be ordinary food or special ones purchased in fishing stores. Culinary seasonings (dill, fennel, anise, pepper, garlic) can also serve as flavorings. If fishmeal is the basis of homemade boilies, then additional aromatization of the mixture is not required.
Powdered milk or milk protein is a source of digestible protein, amino acids, potassium, and vitamins. Fine sunflower and hemp seeds are a source of fats and carbohydrates, as well as an additional aroma that attracts fish. Fishing bait mixtures already contain a number of nutrients, amino acids and vitamins, which can replace other additional components.
Glucose increases energy value, and betaine helps to absorb protein, it is a kind of appetite stimulant. Salt (sea) contains many trace elements and improves the dissolution of the components of the boil in water.
What to make boilies from
Boilies can have a complex composition of rare ingredients, but we will share the recipe for simple boilies, the work of which has been tested many times in different reservoirs.
The basis of simple boilies is the usual halva, which can be purchased at any grocery store. It is made from a product so adored by fish - ground sunflower seeds. In addition to sunflower, you can try peanut halva or a mixture of different types of halva.
To give the boil more strength, it is necessary to add a number of binding ingredients to the halva. Here, an unimaginable scope for experiments opens before the fisherman. For example, mix halva with dough and dips. Or add corn flour, semolina and so on.
Each angler can adapt the recipe for boilies to the fish that he is going to catch, based on his own experience. The main thing is the foundation. Halva boilies will certainly work.
Amino acids are an essential ingredient for boilies, as they have the ability to attract fish through their odorous enzymes. An excellent source of amino acids is sprouted fermented wheat, the smell of which can even be felt by a person with his weak, in comparison with animal, smell.
How to sprout wheat
Germination of wheat for boilies and its fermentation are done as follows:
- Grains must first be thoroughly washed and sorted, discarding low-quality and damaged to the side.
- Then spread them out in a layer up to 1 cm high on gauze or cotton cloth laid on a flat surface (for example, a wide shallow plate, a frying pan, a sheet from the oven, etc.), and moisten with water.
- Cover with polyethylene and put in a warm place.
When the wheat sprouts, it needs to be processed.
To use germinated wheat for making boilies, you need to dry and grind it. We do it like this:
- Rinse sprouted grains, put a thin layer on a dry newspaper.
- As the paper gets wet, the newspaper needs to be changed, otherwise the wheat will turn acidic and lose its gastronomic appeal.
- Grains must be thoroughly dried.
If possible, then for this purpose it is better to use an oven with a purge that is turned on at a low temperature.
Thoroughly dried wheat is then ground in a coffee grinder.
Making simple boilies
Simple boilies can be made with one's own hands even without special devices. Despite the fact that they will be a little uneven, this will not affect their catchability - the fish will be happy to eat them, and even ask for supplements.
The process of making handmade boilies looks something like this:
- Mash halva until smooth, mix with ground wheat.
- Knead halva with cereals should be carefully, since wheat should be evenly distributed throughout the volume of halva.
The result is a lump of dense mass. Now you can start making boilies.
Balls of the required size or sausage are rolled from the mass, from which circles are cut with a sharp and dipped knife in oil.
There should be a lot of boilies, since they will be used not only as a nozzle, but also as a bait.
Additives and Dips
To make boilies more attractive, you can add food colors to them. They are mixed with wheat cereal, which was prepared earlier, and only then added to halva.
In principle, the resulting boilies already have a pleasant smell of sunflower and wheat for the fish, but in order to achieve a more active bite, it is worth experimenting a little with flavorings and various dips, making the bait not only of different colors, but also of taste, smell, size and shape. For example, to catch carp, you can add molasses or betaine to them.
You need to store the boilies in a cool place, otherwise in the heat they will certainly soften and will not hold well on a hook or a hair snap.
Another recipe for simple boilies you can make with your own hands:
The advantages of making boilies on carp do-it-yourself
Despite the fact that the independent preparation of boilies for fishing carp is a rather laborious and sometimes very expensive process, but still, it has its own serious advantages.
- First of all, You are “on the vine” to exclude from their composition - chemical preservatives and additives, mainly intended to increase the shelf life than the health of carps.
- Secondly, You will be 100% sure of the freshness and quality of your product, as well as absolutely all of its ingredients. You never know what manufacturers can throw in boilies there. Of course, they will not poison the carp, but he will not eat them - that's for sure!
- Thirdly, «магазинные» / фирменные бойлы на карпа, как правило, изготавливают на основании, строго рассчитанной себестоимости продукта. А это значит, что высокоэффективных добавок, «там» ровно столько, сколько необходимо для того, чтобы приносить доходы предприятию. Поэтому, при изготовлении собственных карповых бойлов у нас всегда будет возможность добавить побольше «уловистых» ингредиентов.
- Ну и, в-четвертых, cooking baits and baits with your own hands is a fascinating process that makes us think, and therefore (!) grow. At first, we can often make mistakes, be upset ... But then, more and more often mark in the “bullseye” and increase our self-esteem in the soul!
List of “tools” and accessories
So, what do we need for our own preparation of carp boilies?
- First of all, we will need solitude for the creative process (something similar to meditation), which requires optimal concentration. Therefore, it is best to find a separate space (equipped balcony / garage) or get in the kitchen at those hours when no one bothers. Or extra questions, or complaints about specific smells.
- Ideal - buy in advance separate dishes, specially for making boilies. To avoid conflicts with his wife, regarding the use of family equipment for "magical" / "doubtful" purposes. We will need two plastic "dishes" (at least 2 liters) for separate mixing of dry and liquid components. AND one wide pan for boiling boilies in boiling water.
- The next accessory is measured capacity. It is desirable that it be made - it is made of glass, and not industrial plastic. Such containers are more expensive, but they allow you to more accurately determine the amount of liquids or mixtures (poured / filled into them).
In order to measure as accurately as possible the "scanty" volumes of liquid ingredients - use disposable syringes or medical pipettes. So it will be much more convenient!
- In order to weigh bulk components - we need Libra. Although, you can use for these purposes ordinary spoons (again, separately purchased). For example, a teaspoon (with a slide) holds 5-7 grams. loose mixture, and a dining room, approximately 15-18 gr. Count on the eye.
- To knead the mixture in the test state, you will need kitchen fork or some classic whisk.
- If you plan to roll the boilies according to the standard - into balls, then this can be done, either manually or using a convenient expansion board. The main advantages of manual rolling: virtually any diameters and shapes of boilies. But it’s necessary to tinker with this matter ... Therefore, unlike the first option, the main advantage of the “store” rolling board is the perfectly even and absolutely identical balls created in a matter of seconds.
- And with the manual production of "rounds", and when using a rolling board, you first need to make neat "sausages" from the dough. For this purpose, you can purchase several construction syringes, then cut their cone-shaped nozzles to the desired diameters of future balls. And you can not bother, and immediately buy branded syringe - gunfor making boilies. With a set of ready-made nozzles for 6-7 diameters (for example, from 8.1 mm to 19.2 mm).
- For a delicate and convenient cooking of boilies in boiling water, in addition to the wide pan (described above), you will need to use: or mesh colander, or regular fryer net.
- To dry already welded balls, you can craft perforated fabric bag or, again, fork out a little more, and get ready-made - special drying tray for boilies. To store the balls in the refrigerator you will need a cardboard bag with a “clasp”.
- Notebook for sensible thoughts or comments that may “overshadow” us along the way. Making boilies on carp with your own hands is a responsible and most accurate process. At any moment, not only small errors or serious nuances can come to light, but also “your discoveries” come to mind. All these “things” are best written down right away, otherwise they will be forgotten over time.
To cook your own boilies, we need:
- containers for cooking (bowls, basins, pans)
- measuring containers for liquid and bulk products or electronic kitchen scales
- component mixing fork
- pan and colander for boiling boilies
- cotton towel for drying
There is also special equipment for making boilies at home:
- sausage rolling table
- sausage syringe
- table for rolling boilies
The purchase of this equipment is not necessary. But if you are going to make boilies yourself constantly and in large quantities, then the use of a syringe and a table for rolling boilies will significantly speed up and facilitate the cooking process. In addition, all homemade boilies will have a strictly specified size and perfectly round shape.
Whatever the composition of the ingredients, the DIY boil cooking process includes the following main steps:
- The dry components of the future dough are mixed in one container, and a “cocktail” of liquid products is made in another container.
- The next step will be the combination of the two "elements". The liquid fraction is gradually poured into the dry mixture with vigorous stirring. This avoids the appearance of lumps, and the dough itself should turn out elastic, dense and non-sticky.
- Small pieces come off from the total mass of the dough, which are rolled by hand into sausages. Their thickness depends on the size of future boilies, approximately 1 cm.
- The sausage is cut into cylinders, from which balls roll up with their hands.
- Heat treatment is carried out in a pan with water or in a microwave:
- If the boilies are first boiled and then dried and frozen, dense sinking bait is obtained. They can be in water for a long time, without collapsing and retaining their shape.
- When using a microwave for the final processing of dough balls, porous and loose baits are formed. They have buoyancy, but in water they quickly lose their shape and disintegrate.
The basis of boilies are cereals, flour and eggs. But these products are not enough to cater to the taste needs of carp or bream. In order for the fish to swallow the boil without hesitation, secret ingredients must be added.
Flavors. If the boil is prepared on the basis of fish or meat meal, you can’t beat their smell with anything, so they are their own flavor. But the test of vegetable flour and semolina additional attractant needed.
You can use:
- ready dips
- chocolate powder
- aniseed oil or grated seeds
- cinnamon powder (per kilo mix 15 gram sachet)
- curry (2 tbsp per kilo)
Jelly-like dips represent a blended “sauce” for dipping boilies directly at the fishing spot, before casting. You can prepare such attractants yourself. Any fruit syrup will work well.
Liquid dip Designed for prolonged soaking of boilies (from day to month). During this time, the nozzle acquires a persistent attractive smell and a certain shade.
Digestion Aids - Betaine purchased at a pharmacy, dill or fennel seeds, hemp or flax pulp or seeds. This especially makes sense if you add boilies to the bait, so that the carp will get used to them and consider them normal food for themselves.
Dyes. Experienced anglers have noticed that fish bite better on painted baits. Carps and carp are preferred: white, yellow, red and purple boilies. But here you need to take a reasonable approach to the choice of color and not use dark balls when fishing on a peaty bottom or in muddy water. The boyle should be clearly visible at the bottom, then the fish will try it faster.
You will learn how and what to catch carp in the spring from this material.
What gears carp are caught in the fall this publication will tell.
Catch Bait Recipes
Heavy and dense sinking boilies are used on a solid, clean bottom of a reservoir and on rivers with intense currents. Heat treatment of sinking (bottom) balls is carried out by cooking or freezing. To prepare a dense reliable bait, which will retain its shape in water for a long time, it is necessary to gradually apply different types of processing:
- Cooking in water.
- Drying in the microwave.
Regarding the features of the recipe for bottom boilies, we can highlight some useful nuances:
- The increased content of bran and salts in the test allows you to accelerate the process of diffusion of water into the nozzle.
- You will need to increase the amount of dye and flavor.
- The relatively small sizes of boilies (about 14 mm) should be maintained.
As a base mixture for a sinking bait, you can offer the composition:
- wheat flour - 300 g
- poultry feed - 100 g
- rice flour - 100 g
- fish protein (soluble) - 200 g
- wheat bran - 75 g
- germinated wheat - 50 g
- milk powder - 60 g
- sea salt - 50 g
- betaine - 15 g.
Boilies using makukha can be prepared both in the bottom (sinking) and in floating versions. In the first case, use a deep fat fryer or colander (steaming). In the second - a microwave. Boiled (no more than 2 minutes) boilies are placed in a grid and dried for 4-6 days, periodically mixing.
Then stored in the freezer on demand. Properly prepared nozzles do not harden, demonstrate a pleasant taste and rich smell.
We offer an interesting recipe for spring boilies from the flies (per 1 kg of dough):
- ground makuka - 300 g
- fried seeds (crushed) - 100 g
- fish meal - 200 g
- wheat semolina - 50 g
- corn semolina - 50 g
- salt (table) - 10 g
- sugar - 20 g
- eggs - 10 pieces
- attractant (bloodworm or any meat and fish) - 30 ml
- fish oil (for better dough rolling) - 30 ml.
Residents of one village came up with a unique recipe for boilies for catching carp:
- Raw potatoes should be grated.
- To the resulting potato "chips" add semolina, as well as wheat groats.
- A thoroughly mixed mixture is supplemented with hemp (oilcake) and raw eggs.
Such boilies are simply crazy.
Each angler is able to come up with and make his own “shock” boilies. It is enough to experiment with the addition of various additives to the standard base. But at the same time, you should make notes in your diary not only about the concentrations of the components, but also about the conditions for testing the bait (season, weather conditions, type of reservoir, etc.). Only in this case will it be possible to understand the taste preferences of carp, carp, or bream.
We suggest you watch a video on how to cook your own boilies at home.
Proper kneading of dough
For proper preparation of the dough, first of all, you need to follow the important rule: “dry to dry, liquid to liquid”. Therefore, in one of the (two) plastic containers, alternately add all the dry components (strictly according to the weight indicated in the recipe), mixing them evenly with each other.
In another “dish” - first we add eggs (at the rate of: 1 piece per 100 grams of the mixture), and after they are “beaten” (with a kitchen fork or whisk) - other liquid additives. Similarly, measuring their volumes with a syringe or pipette, and mixing everything in turn.
Tip number 1 The eggs need to be mixed thoroughly, but (!) Necessarily - slowly. In order to avoid the formation of many bubbles that can easily turn our boilies from sinking to floating ones.
That is, we never throw in the dishes: all dry or all liquid ingredients at once. Accordingly, in no case, do not mix everything (and immediately) in one big cup!
Council number 2 If this is the first time in your life you cook boilies for carp yourself, then start with a small amount of them. To "start production" at home it will be enough to knead no more than 200-300 grams of the base mixture, using 2-3 eggs.
When you finish mixing in one of the containers - all the dry components, and in the other - all the liquid ones, then you can gradually (one tablespoon each) throw the dry mixture into a container with eggs and liquid ingredients. Mixing everything thoroughly. At first, a fork will be enough, but then you will have to “get dirty” your hands a bit (“sculpting” the dough by hand, with your fingers). To prevent the “cake” from sticking to your hands, grease them with ordinary sunflower oil.
Rolling "sausages" and the production of "balls"
At the end of the kneading process, you can start rolling the boilies onto the carp, which is usually carried out in 2 stages: forming “sausages” and (after “cutting” them) rolling the balls. As we wrote above, sausages can be "created" using a construction or proprietary syringe for the production of boilies.
When using a “boilie table” (ie, an expansion board), squeeze the mixture from the syringe into a special “cavity”, then cover it with the second half ... and make several reciprocating movements. That's all! Now you can admire perfectly smooth, round boilies.
Tip number 3 Be sure to grease all the halves of the rolling board with vegetable oil. If the mixture does not roll well into balls or even breaks into pieces, then add a pinch of wheat flour into it. If not enough, then one more. Just try - do not overdo it with this matter, so that all your dough does not turn into tight rubber!
It is worth noting that some Carpathians, calculating "all occasions", make not only round boilies, but also small sticks. The main feature of the latter is that they are able to absorb a lot more flavorings than balls.
Cooking balls or other forms of boilies
How to cook boilies for carp fishing at home?
- We take a wide (already third) pot, “set” it on fire and bring to a boil.
- In a mesh colander or in an ordinary grid from a deep fat fryer, place small (!) Portions of balls and completely (!) Dip in boiling water.
How long does it take to cook homemade boilies?
It all depends on their diameter. For minimum sizes (from 10 to 14 mm), 50-60 seconds will be sufficient. An average caliber with a diameter of 14 to 18 mm needs to be boiled for one and a half minutes. But large boilies, with sizes starting at 20 mm, should be held in boiling water for about 2 minutes.
What will happen if you slightly “digest” the boilies?
In principle, nothing bad will happen. They will become harder and lose a little “aromas”, because most “branded flavors” do not tolerate high temperatures.
Accurate drying and reliable storage
After the balls have cooled, carefully place them in a special / branded pallet or in a home-made bag of perforated fabric and dry for 8-10 hours. The best option for long-term storage of boilies on carp (handmade) is freezing in the refrigerator. To do this, place the balls in a bag (with a reliable fastener), drip on them a flavor (in the amount recommended by the manufacturer), “neutralize” all the remaining air from there with a light burst, close the fastener and place in the refrigerator.
Tip # 4: If your freezer creates too much ice (that is, a little “moping”), then in a bag of boilies it is advisable to put a fabric bag with a handful of rice, which perfectly absorbs all excess moisture.
Catchy recipes for homemade carp fishing boilies
And finally, we bring to your attention a couple of champion (tried-and-tested) recipes for the production of “one-handed” carp boilies (!) At home.
Recipe for making Boyle Balls No. 1
- Basic dry mix “Com-Plex” (Richworth) - 1400 grams
- Liquid Com-Plex (from the same manufacturer) - 12 milligrams
- Be sure to “Betaine HCl” - 5 teaspoons
- “GLM Extract” (extract of green-green New Zealand mussel) - 5 teaspoons
- Some sweetener is enough 10 milligrams
- Addit series supplements (Nutrabaits):
- Taste - 4 teaspoons
- Attract - 4 teaspoons
- Digest - 4 teaspoons
- Chicken eggs - 12 pieces.
Recipe for making Boyle Balls No. 2
- Basic Fermented Shrimp Mix (Tandem Baits) dry mix - 500 grams
- Additive “Total Blend Red” (Tandem Baits) - 100 grams
- Black Pepper Oil (Nutrabaits) - 20 drops
- Again, the aforementioned Betaine HCl - 3 teaspoons
- Corn liquor (how to prepare it correctly, can be found in our other articles) - 30 milligrams
- GLM Extract (Tandem Baits Green-Mussel Extract) - 2 teaspoons
- Addit Attract (Nutrabaits) - 2 teaspoons
- Fragrance “Top Edition Flavor Fermentowana Krewetka” (Tandem Baits) - 2 milligrams
- 5 eggs