Voprosoff.net alcohol calculator will be useful for you if you want to know:
- how long can I drive and drive after drinking alcohol,
- how much alcohol is in the body
- how much alcohol is in the blood and in the exhaled air,
- what degree of intoxication has been achieved,
- what could be the consequences and how to deal with them.
For the calculator to make the correct calculation, follow the instructions:
- Indicate your gender and age. Gender affects the amount of alcohol that will be absorbed by the body, age affects the rate of alcohol elimination.
- Indicate your height and weight. These data also affect the amount of alcohol absorbed by the body.
- Indicate the strength and volume of drinks, up to 5 pieces. For the calculation, it is allowed to use a fortress in the range of 0.5 - 96% and a volume of 50-10000 ml. If you have drunk more than 10,000 ml of one drink, fill in the remaining volume in the next box.
- Indicate if you had a full or empty stomach at the time of drinking the first dose of alcohol, and click the "Calculate" button
Our alcohol calculator is fully suitable for use by drivers in 2019.
The results of the calculation of the alcohol calculator
The maximum expected alcohol removal time calculated based on your personal characteristics. It is this value that can be taken into account to determine the time when you can drive and drive a car. Minimum, average and maximum time - a general calculation without taking into account some parameters. These options can be ignored in most cases.
- if you have a serious injury or illness, we recommend that you focus on the maximum time for alcohol removal,
- if during the removal of alcohol from the body you were engaged in heavy physical activity, then you can take the minimum time and add 15-25% to it,
- in people who regularly drink alcohol, the time for removing alcohol from the blood is shorter than in those who rarely drink. But, unfortunately, it is impossible to determine the exact time for eliminating alcohol in this case without individual medical research.
Note:Our alcohol calculator shows the time for the complete removal of alcohol from the blood and does not take into account the permissible norm of 0.3 ‰. Given the possible small error in the calculations of the calculator, we recommend that you focus on the full withdrawal time.
Stage of intoxication.
- 1st level (0.1-1.29 ppm) may indicate the following possible violations: in general, absolutely adequate behavior, without obvious signs of intoxication. To discover the presence of alcohol in the body It is possible only with the help of special tools.
- 2nd level (0.3-0.59 ppm) - coordination and concentration are slightly impaired. The behavior shows a decrease in restraint and excessive talkativeness. A feeling of euphoria and emancipation is internally felt. Driving in this condition becomes dangerous due to a significant decrease in the feeling of reality and limits of permissibility. Accidents in this state are quite common on the road.
- 3rd level (0.6-0.9 ppm) - peripheral vision weakens, the logic of thinking is lost, and the loss of a sense of reality deepens. There is an obvious discomfort to bright light, disinhibition, severe dulling of sensations, loss of control over oneself, followed by a lack of memories of committed actions.
- 4th level (1-1.9 ppm) - a strong violation of the reflexes, slow and incorrect reaction, absolutely incomprehensible explanation. In this condition, men face erectile dysfunction and even a temporary loss of potency. Severe symptoms of poisoning may occur. Increased aggressiveness, manifested in uncontrolled and sharp attacks of anger, mood swings and decreased libido.
- The 5th level (2-2.9 ppm) is accompanied by loss of consciousness, memory and severe motor impairment. The complete loss of reference points in space, a misunderstanding of what is happening to him and the objects around him.
- The 6th level (3-3.9 ppm) is the degree of severe intoxication with serious negative consequences for the body. The rhythm of a person’s breathing is disturbed, there is a rapid heartbeat or even cardiac arrest. Uncontrolled vomiting instinct and loss of urination control. The coordination of movement is completely broken, after the fall, a person who took alcohol is not able to rise. Stupor and loss of consciousness.
- 7th level (4-5 ppm) - the movement of the pupils, as well as the heartbeat with breathing are uncontrollable. Most often, lack of consciousness and completely uncontrolled behavior. The probability of death is high.
- 8th level (from 5 ppm) - the level of very strong alcohol intoxication and the most likely fatal outcome.
Not just math alcohol calculation, as well as external manifestations of signs of intoxication may indicate the fact of taking alcohol. When they are observed, for example, the driver can be sent for an additional survey.
The main signs of drinking:
- the presence of a strong smell from the mouth (its complete elimination is impossible even by modern means),
- arbitrary trembling of the fingers and the hands themselves, the inability of a person to fix his position,
- unstable posture and lack of coordination,
- increased irritability, behavior inaccessible to a person in the usual state, excessively loud, often illegible speech. The manifestation of aggression and dissatisfaction with the environment,
- discoloration of the skin of the face.
A driver who is distinguished by such signs will obviously be subject to a breathalyzer test, and in case of failure can be sent for an additional blood test.
Formulas for calculating alcohol.
In order to produce alcohol calculation You can refer to several formulas. Each of them will allow you to calculate the level of alcohol in the body. However, it is impossible to establish the moment of drinking alcohol or the time of its exit from the body with their help. This requires completely different tables.
For information, drinks of different strengths with the same volume are characterized by different pure alcohol level and, accordingly, varying degrees of alcohol exposure to the human body.
One of the simplest and often used today, to determine the alcohol content in the human body, is the Widman Formula.
According to this formula, an indicator of the total concentration in the human blood of pure alcohol (AK) is determined. This is done by dividing the mass (but not the volume) of alcohol consumed, expressed in grams (MA) by the mass of the person who consumed it (M) and multiplied by the special Widmark coefficient (k), the value of which is 0.7 for men and 0, 6 for women.
Accordingly, if necessary, determine how much “total” alcohol has been “taken” by the body, you can refer to the following algorithm:
Next methodology for calculating the amount of alcohol in human blood using the data of exhaled air, is called the Dubrovsky formula. In general, the calculation algorithm has the following form:
AKair = AKeau x k1 x E (k2 x t),
where AKair - level of alcohol concentration in pairs exhalation
- AKeau - for liquids, the level of alcohol concentration,
- k1 - constant value equal to 0.04145,
- k2 - constant value equal to 0.06583,
- (k2 x t) is a special degree for the number "E",
- t is the temperature.
Thus, a similar approach is available both to a specialist and to any other interested person who has a breathalyzer of any type.
A kind of "household" alcohol calculation can be done even without a calculator, knowing the strength and volume of the drink consumed. In this case, the calculation algorithm may have the following form:
AK = MA / (P x r) - b60 x T,
where AK is the level of alcohol concentration,
- MA - the mass of alcohol consumed (determined by multiplying the volume by 0.79384 (density),
- R - vestela
- r is the unit of reduction, indicating the share of alcohol entering the bloodstream (0.68 for men and 0.55 for women),
- b60 is the level of decrease in alcohol concentration in 60 minutes (the range is 0.1-0.16 g / l),
- T is the period of time from the moment of taking alcohol.
For an example of a “household” calculation demonstration, we will proceed from the following initial data: T = 2 hours, r = 0.68, P = 80 kg, r = 0.68, b60 = 0.13.
The concentration of alcohol in the blood is calculated using a calculator that takes into account the strength, volume of drinks drunk, gender and weight. The calculator is based on a formula proposed in 1932 by the Swedish chemist Eric Widmark for use in forensic practice.
The calculation result reliably displays the amount of ethyl alcohol that came with the drinks. The obtained value takes into account the average rate of decrease in the alcohol content in the blood, equal to 0, 15 ‰ / hour.
Blood Alcohol Calculator:
The table of intoxication in ppm
The ethanol content in the blood plasma is measured in ppm (‰) and means the amount of ethyl alcohol in 1 liter of blood, expressed in thousandths of a percent. So, a value of 1.2 ‰ means that 1.2 ml of alcohol is present in 1 blood.
The table can provide good service to drivers who have not consumed alcohol. After all, ethyl alcohol is found in small quantities, not only in drinks. A police breath tester on the road can show up to 0.6 ‰ after drinking kvass by the driver, 0.2 ‰ after kefir.
Blood Alcohol Level Table:
|The degree of intoxication in ‰ (ppm)||Feeling well||Impact on driving a car|
|0,2-0,5||The condition is slightly different from sobriety, there is excessive talkativeness, obsession, but in the framework of decency.||There is no reaction to moving cars, there is a desire to increase speed, the ability to assess distance is impaired.|
|0,5-0,8||The condition is accompanied by euphoria, violation of morality, loss of control over behavior, impudence.||The adaptation of vision to changes in lighting, the perception of red color, is weakened. The driver does not see the traffic lights, red brake lights.|
|0,8-1,2||Inadequately assessed events, symptoms of alcohol poisoning appear - nausea, apathy, disorientation. The mood changes from indifference to outbursts of aggression, anger.||The ability to adequately estimate distances is lost, and the reaction slows down. The driver notices late and does not have time to react when cyclists appear in the field of vision, fences, standing cars.|
|1,2-2,4||Unpredictable behavior, a tendency to apathy. The signs of poisoning are intensified, vomiting appears, involuntary bowel movements.||Coordination is lost, the visual reaction is reduced, there is no adequate assessment of the situation. All of the above is accompanied by monstrous arrogance.|
With a value of more than 2.4 ‰, the threat of paralysis, heart attack becomes real. Above 3 ‰ - suppression of respiratory reflexes, decrease in temperature, coma, risk of death.
With a ppm of 3.8 and higher, a person can die from paralysis of the respiratory center in the brain.
Duration of action of alcohol
The rate of utilization of ethanol in the body depends on the characteristics of the metabolism, the state of the digestive system, liver, pancreas. Digestion of ethyl alcohol requires enzymes that may inactive or even be absent.
The degree of intoxication of a person depends on factors:
- weight, height
- hereditary predisposition
- the state of the digestive, respiratory urinary system.
Using an alcohol calculator, you can estimate the degree of intoxication, but it will not be possible to accurately determine the amount of ethanol in the blood according to the tables. The rates of ethanol excretion in humans at different times and under various conditions are very different.
A special role in the detoxification of the body belongs to the liver. Prolonged abuse of alcohol impairs its function, destroys the organ, and leads to cirrhosis. The stronger the liver is damaged, the less alcohol causes intoxication and poisoning.
Absorption of ethyl alcohol begins almost immediately after drinking the drink, after an hour the maximum amount of ethanol accumulates in the blood.
The process slows down while eating fatty foods. After elimination from the blood, alcohol is still found in urine, cerebrospinal fluid.
The strength of alcoholic beverages matters. Strong drinks are taken longer, so if it takes 4 hours to neutralize 100 grams of vodka, then intoxication from a bottle of beer takes place after 2 hours.
Beer will not be felt when breathing after 30 minutes, and alcohol vapors after taking 100 g of vodka are felt in exhaled air for 1, 5 hours.
100 g of vodka in terms of 96% ethyl alcohol is 40 g of pure alcohol. To determine the degree of intoxication, the amount of alcohol (‰) must be divided by the total weight of body fluid.
All the fluid in the body in men on average corresponds to 65-70% of the body weight, and for a person weighing 70 kg, the weight of the entire fluid will be: 70 kg × 70% / 100% = 49 kg.
To calculate the degree of intoxication, the amount of pure alcohol contained in 100 grams of vodka and comprising 40 g of alcohol is divided by the total amount of water in the body. The total liquid in this case is 49 kg. Dividing 40 by 49, we get 0, 82 ppm.
The degree of intoxication of a woman is also calculated, taking into account that the share of water in the female body accounts for from 55% to 60%. With a high fat content, the body contains less water. The more muscle, the higher the percentage of fluid.
Assimilation in the body
After ethyl alcohol enters the stomach, it is absorbed into the bloodstream, then spreads with the blood stream. 90% of alcohol is absorbed in the liver, the rest is broken down in the kidneys, intestines, skin, lungs.
On the vital volume of the lungs, in particular, the difference in the rate of elimination of toxins in the female and male body depends. Alcohol is excreted at an average rate of 0.1 ‰ per hour. And when intoxicated 1.2 ‰ sobriety will come in 12 hours.
In women, the rate of excretion of ethanol is lower than in men by 1.2 times. Accordingly, in a woman with a degree of intoxication of 1.2 ‰ sobering up will occur in 12 × 1.2 = 14.4 hours.
Complete withdrawal of alcohol from the blood
Permissible amount of ethanol in the blood
According to the current legislation of the Russian Federation, drivers of vehicles are forbidden to use intoxicants. The maximum permissible level of alcohol in the blood, according to the law, is 0.16 mg / l in the air exhaled during the test, introduced as a possible error of the measuring device.
In ppm, the permitted value of alcohol in the blood is 0.336 ‰. Such a concentration in the blood occurs after an hour if a man weighing 80 kg consumes:
- 50 g of vodka
- 50 g cognac
- 200 g of champagne
- 200 g of wine
- 500 g of beer.
Women are more sensitive to alcohol. The level of ethanol in their blood does not exceed the norm an hour after consumption:
- 30 g of vodka
- 30 g cognac
- 100 g of wine
- 100 g of champagne
- 330 g of beer.
To maximize the removal of alcohol from the blood, a man weighing 80 kg will require a longer period of time: 100 g of vodka are removed in 4 hours, and 100 g of champagne in 1 hour.
Allowed 0, 16 mg / l in the exhaled volume of air, 0.336 ppm in the blood. This value falls within the margin of error of the breathalyzer - a device for measuring alcohol on expiration, and is considered the permitted limit for drivers of vehicles.
The most admissible norms
Used formulas for counting alcohol
The mathematical model underlying the Voprosoff.net alcohol calculator uses the universally accepted formula of the Swedish chemist Eric Widmark. It is this formula that is used by forensic experts around the world to determine the amount of alcohol in the human body at a particular point in time:
Where: Bac - alcohol concentration (g / l), t - time elapsed since use, A - mass of pure ethanol in the drink (g), r - Widmark factor, W - body weight (kg), k is the alcohol absorption rate constant (h -1), b - alcohol excretion rate ((g / l) / h),
The coefficients were calculated using the work of Zaidlya (S. Seidl, University of Vienna) and Forrest (Alexander Robert W. Forrest, University of Sheffield).
The degree of intoxication per ppm
A table by which you can determine the stage of intoxication in ppm should be used simultaneously with formulas that will help to independently calculate the pure alcohol content in the blood after taking alcohol-containing drinks. When using the table, it must be taken into account that indicators are influenced by factors such as the age of the subject, his gender, general health, the presence or absence of chronic diseases.
Decoding the level of ppm in the blood according to the table:
- Level 0, 1 - 0, 29 ppm It will correspond to the hidden manifestations of the presence of alcohol in the blood, without special means to identify and confirm this fact is impossible. The behavior of a person is normal and others may not even notice that alcohol was consumed at all.
- Level 0, 3 - 0, 59 ppm - in this case, there will already be a violation of coordination and concentration. The behavior of the person under study is changing, restraint may decrease, but excessive talkativeness may appear. A person with such a ppm of blood alcohol will feel euphoric, feel permissiveness and relaxation.
Note:even this level of ppm of blood alcohol is dangerous for drivers, because they do not realize what is right and what is not. По статистике именно с таким уровнем чаще всего и совершаются аварии на дорогах со смертельным исходом.
- Уровень 0, 6 – 0, 9 промиллей. The behavior of a person with such a level of the considered indicator is disinhibited, his sensations become dull, his control is lost and he does not remember about his actions at that moment in the future. Peripheral vision is weakened, reasoning becomes illogical.
- Level 1 - 1, 9 ppm. Human reflexes are severely impaired, reaction to circulation is slow and incorrect, speech is completely incomprehensible. For men in this condition, erectile dysfunction and temporary impotence will be characteristic.
Note:with this level of intoxication, a person is a danger to others, he may experience bouts of anger and a change of mood. Most often, at this stage, pronounced signs of alcohol poisoning appear.
- Level 2 - 2, 9 ppm. The behavior of a person is greatly inhibited - he loses consciousness, does not understand where he is and what is happening around. Memory loss occurs, motor skills are severely impaired.
- Level 3 - 3, 9 ppm. This is already a stage of extreme intoxication:
- heartbeat and breathing are disturbed,
- there is no control over urination,
- uncontrolled vomiting is present,
- there is no balance, and when a person falls, then he can’t rise.
The general condition is critical - stupor, loss of consciousness, cardiac arrest is possible.
Why our calculator is the most accurate
When developing our alcohol calculator, we studied and took into account all the factors and methods used in the world forensic medicine. Our calculator was developed in 2010 and for a long time was available only to a limited circle of people in the form of a specialized program in the Java programming language. During this time, the accuracy of the calculations was repeatedly confirmed in practice.
Comparison with other breathalyzers online
On the Internet you can find many different alcohol calculators and breathalyzers online, but most of them use only the simplest formulas and average (simplified) coefficients. We managed to find only 2 real full-fledged alcohol calculators in Russian, however even they take into account fewer factors than our calculator.
When you can drive after drinking alcohol
It is very important to remember that the lack of alcohol in the blood alone does not give you the right to drive a car.
According to paragraph 2.7 of the SDA RF:
2.7. The driver is prohibited from:
drive a vehicle intoxicated (alcoholic, narcotic or otherwise), under the influence of drugsthat worsen reaction and attention, in a sick or tired statecompromising traffic safety
transfer the control of the vehicle to persons who are intoxicated, under the influence of drugs, in a painful or tired state, as well as to persons who do not have a driver's license with them for the right to drive a vehicle of the corresponding category or subcategory, except for cases of driving training in accordance with 21 Rules
The driver is forbidden to drive in a tired or painful condition. A strong and moderate hangover is just a painful condition, and it is strictly forbidden to drive. If you are in a painful or tired state during an accident, you will be found guilty. Driving in such a condition is dangerous for the driver, passengers and other road users.
Therefore, do not drive while in a state of a hangover, even if alcohol is completely eliminated from the body.
According to alcohol in the courts
When conducting research, medical examiners use the same formulas and guidelines that were used to develop our alcohol calculator. However, when conducting research for courts, forensic experts use coefficients that are more beneficial for the defendant. If it is necessary to determine the degree of alcoholic intoxication during an accident that occurred several hours before the blood was taken from the accused, then the minimum coefficient of alcohol removal from the body is used: 0.10 ‰ / hour. If it is necessary to show that at the time the crime was committed, the defendant was in a state of insanity, then the maximum coefficient is used in the calculation: 0.20 ‰ / hour. Unfortunately, forensic experts in Russia do not always use exact formulas, and often use the average values of the coefficients from the guidelines.
Discussion of the alcohol calculator
The international version of our alcohol calculator is available at: BAC Calculator. We will be happy to hear your opinion about our alcohol calculator. You can leave a comment in a special post on our blog ►
Visitors: 552 (621)
We have night now, the expert will answer you in the morning.
Signs of alcohol intoxication
If alcohol enters the blood, certain signs are observed that may serve as a reason for sending, for example, a driver for a medical examination. These signs of intoxication include:
- A strong smell of alcohol emanates from the person’s mouth. Moreover, even the most powerful modern means can not get rid of it, that's why with such aromas it is categorically not recommended to drive.
- A person’s posture after drinking alcohol becomes unstable, and the gait becomes uncertain. This symptom is classified as a violation of coordination of movement.
- There is trembling of the upper limbs or only fingers on the hands.
- Neurological disorders are clearly visible - the person begins to talk too loudly, his speech will be illegible at the same time. Drinking alcohol leads to an incorrect assessment of the environment, the person becomes aggressive, may exhibit unnatural behavior.
Calculation of ppm of blood alcohol
This value can be calculated using several formulas. It is important to remember that with such a study, you can only establish the level of alcohol content, but not the time of drinking. Another important point: an equal volume of alcoholic beverages of different strengths will “give out” different contents of pure alcohol. For example, half a liter of vodka and the same amount of beer will give different results: in the first case, a person will have severe intoxication and alcohol poisoning, and in the second - a slight intoxication, which will pass in a couple of hours.
This formula is today considered the most common and often used:
C = A / m *r
C is the value of the total concentration of pure alcohol in the blood
A is the mass of alcohol, which is expressed in grams (it is necessary to translate the volume of alcohol consumed into the mass)
M - total body weight of the patient (his weight)
r - Widmark coefficient: 0, 6 for women, and 0, 7 for men.
Note:if you want to calculate the total amount of alcohol. which was drunk the day before, you should use the formula A = c * m *r.
You can determine the amount of alcohol in the blood and according to the exhaled air, using the special Dubrovsky formula:
WITHair =Ceau *K1 *e (K2 * T)
With eau - liquid, represents the level of alcohol concentration in the liquid
With air is the concentration of alcohol in exhaled vapors
K1 - a constant value equal to 0.04145
K2 is a constant value equal to 0.06583
K2 * T - special degree of the number "e"
T is the temperature value.
The formula is used only by specialists, but you can apply it yourself. For example, if the temperature of the exhaled vapor is 35 degrees, then the following value is obtained:
This calculation formula is used when there is a breathalyzer of any type, starting from the simplest and ending with sophisticated instruments that make it possible to obtain certain data.
Calculation without a calculator
In order to calculate the amount of alcohol in the blood without complex mathematical calculations, you need to know the strength of the drink used and the amount drunk. This data is enough to use the formula:
C = A / (P * r) - b60 * T
C - alcohol concentration
And - the amount of alcohol drunk before that in grams (you just need to multiply the volume by the density - 0.79384)
r is a reduction unit that shows the proportion of alcohol that enters the bloodstream. For men and women, this value is different, for women it is 0.55, and for men - 0.68
b60 - the value of how much the concentration of alcohol decreases in 1 hour. It is at the level of 0.1-0.16 g / l
T is the time that has passed since taking alcohol.
To make it clearer, we give an example of a simple calculation based on the following available data:
A = 0.4 * 100 ml * 0.7484 = 31.936 g
The result will be the following answer: C = 31.936 / (038 * 80) = 0.3270588 ‰ or 0,33 ‰. This ppm means that the man is still intoxicated, his reaction is slightly inhibited, and he better not get behind the wheel.
The tables for calculating the ppm of blood alcohol can be used at home, this will help determine in a controversial situation whether it is possible to drive a car. But you need to know the number of ppm that are allowed when driving a vehicle - these data will be individual for each country. In Russia, since 2013, the permissible rate of alcohol while driving was 0.16 ppm with expired air and 0.35 in the blood.
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical observer, therapist of the highest qualification category
15,791 total views, 24 views today
We get: MA = 0.4 x 100 ml x 0.7484 = 31.936 g.
As a result, the value of AK = 31.936 / (038 * 80) = 0.3270588 ppm or 0.33 ‰.
With the obtained value of the ppm indicator, one still has to talk about signs of intoxication. With a possible slowdown in the reaction, with a similar indicator, the driver is better off giving up the trip.
Using the above calculation methods, as well as a number of other developed algorithms, today you can independently determine the state of a person for intoxication. The result will be the adoption of the right decision - to drive or not to drive. By the way, each country establishes its permissible limits per thousand, under which the ban on driving while intoxicated comes into force.