Tilapia is usually sold frozen as a filet. With a solid, white flesh and mild flavor, this fish acquires an excellent aroma when steamed with a lot of vegetables, spices or sauces.
Fillets can be prepared directly from a frozen state or thawed in advance. Fresh-frozen fish does not absorb the taste of marinade, but retains its own flavor. You can also buy fresh fillet to freeze it yourself for the next time.
Thawing Frozen Tilapia
To properly defrost tilapia, place it inside a bowl, cover with a lid or plate, leaving it overnight in the refrigerator. If you do not have time for this method, place the fillet in a plastic bag and then immerse it in a cup of cold water. Do not use warm water, as this will create a favorable environment for bacteria.
Use a plastic bag without damage, otherwise the tilapia flesh will absorb water as it unfrosts, which will affect its taste. In addition, you can defrost the fillet using a microwave, using a special mode. You must buy fish that has been frozen fresh, otherwise additional temperature manipulations may contribute to its rapid deterioration.
How to cook tilapia fillets in the oven - a simple recipe
Classic baked tilapia with a traditional selection of products. Very reminiscent of fish and meat dishes in French. The fish is incredibly juicy, tender.
- Tilapia - 3 fillets.
- Lemon - ½ part.
- A tomato.
- Cheese - 100 gr.
- Butter is a slice.
- Tarragon, oregano, ginger, a mixture of Italian herbs.
- Salt pepper.
- Rinse the pieces of fish, pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut the carrots into rings, cut the tomato in the same way, divide the onions in half rings.
- Grate the cheese with large chips, cut the lemon into circles.
- Place a sheet of foil on a baking sheet, spread the sliced butter around the entire perimeter, then tilapia will not stick when baked.
- Since we have 3 pieces of fish, make exactly three pillows from onion and carrot rings.
- Put the fillet on the vegetables. Season with seasonings.
- Spread tomato and lemon mugs on top.
- Place in an oven preheated to 220 ° C. Bake for 20 minutes.
- After the signal, take out the dish, sprinkle with cheese. When the cheese is browned, the casserole is ready.
Tilapia baked in the oven with tomatoes and cheese - a step by step recipe
- Fish fillet - 4 pcs.
- Tomatoes - 400 gr.
- Basil - 2 large spoons (sliced).
- Parmesan - 50 gr.
- Lemon zest - 2 small spoons.
- Lemon juice - 2 large spoons.
- Olive oil - a tablespoon.
- A clove of garlic.
- Salt pepper.
Make a lemon marinade. To do this, remove the zest from the lemon and fold it into a bowl. Squeeze the juice into the zest, pour the olive oil. Stir the marinade thoroughly.
Defrost the fish, rinse, dry, removing the remaining moisture.
Put the fillet in a bowl with citrus marinade, count to 10 and quickly pull it out.
Fold the blanks in a baking dish, salt and pepper them.
Cut the garlic into plates, spread over the fillet.
Chop the basil, scatter it over the fish.
It is advisable to peel the tomatoes and then cut into cubes. It is not necessary to remove the peel; here you decide. Many remove the seed part from tomatoes, but I think this is superfluous, tilapia will not be succulent enough.
Scatter Parmesan shavings on top.
Cut a sheet of foil, cover the mold, but so that it does not come in contact with the cheese. Wrap tightly, and make a couple of holes on top to let the steam out.
Bake for 20 minutes, at a temperature in the oven of 200 o C.
Tilapia baked in the oven under cheese - a simple recipe
Once tested version of baking fish, suitable for everyone by the gift of the sea.
- Fillet - 3 pcs.
- Hard cheese - 100 gr.
- Lemon - 0.5 pcs.
- A tomato.
- Sunflower oil - 2 tablespoons.
- Mayonnaise, salt, pepper, Provencal herbs.
- Put the fish in a bowl, pepper, salt, sprinkle with seasonings. Provencal picking can be replaced with spices of your choice. Squeeze juice out of half a lemon, sprinkle the workpieces. Leave for marinating for a quarter of an hour.
- In parallel, rub the cheese coarsely (or cut into thin plates), chop the tomatoes with onion rings.
- Put the semi-finished products soaked in aromas of seasonings on a baking sheet, pour with sunflower oil. Make a mayonnaise grid on top.
- Cover the sauce with tomato slices, lay the onion rings.
- The baking time of the dish is 20 minutes. The temperature in the furnace is 180 o C.
- After get tilapia, cover with a cheese coat.
Tilapia in the oven with vegetables
Fish is friends with many vegetables. Only part of them is used in the recipe. Add green peas, green beans, cauliflower at your discretion - expand the boundaries of baking variations and do not be afraid, you will not spoil the tilapia with vegetables.
- Fish - 400 gr.
- Young zucchini.
- A tomato.
- A clove of garlic.
- Mustard, ready - a spoon.
- Lemon juice - a couple of spoons.
- Cream - 80 ml.
- Cheese - 70 gr.
- Dill greens, parsley, salt, pepper, sunflower oil.
- Salt the fillet, pepper, pour with lemon juice. Leave to soak for 10 minutes.
- Cut zucchini, onion and fennel into rings. Chop the pulp of tomato.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, toss onion slices, lightly fry. Add fennel with zucchini. Reduce the power of the fire, put out for 5 minutes.
- Lay out the tomatoes, squeeze the garlic in a press, season with spices. Mix well, then darken for a couple of minutes, turn off the burner.
- Line the baking sheet with foil, place the vegetable pillow first, then the fish fillet.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg with cream and mustard. Add chopped greens. Stir.
- Pour tilapia slices with sauce. Cover with a sheet of foil, send to bake for 40 minutes at 180 about C.
Potato Tilapia Recipe
One of the traditional types of baking fish in the oven.
- Tilapia - 500 gr.
- Potato - 4 tubers.
- Bell pepper.
- Garlic cloves - a couple.
- Olive oil - 2 tablespoons.
- Rosemary, salt, pepper, lemon juice.
- Cover the mold with baking paper, oil it, spread the tilapia.
- In the original recipe, the potatoes are proposed to be boiled in their skins first, then cut with wheels and cover the fillet blanks. I cook from raw potatoes, I like it better, but increase the cooking time by 10 minutes or cover the form with a sheet of foil.
- Cut the pulp of bell pepper, peeled from the seed box circles or thick straws. Lay on top of the potatoes.
- Season the dish with lemon and olive oil.
- Cook at 220 ° C for about 25-30 minutes.
How tasty bake tilapia with sour cream
Any fish in sour cream is delicious to madness. Tender fish meat becomes creamy, with a citrus note.
- Fillet - 4 pcs.
- Sour cream - 100 ml.
- Lemon juice is a small spoon.
- Cheese - 70 gr.
- Salt, pepper, oil.
- Place the prepared fish in a mold covered with baking paper.
- Pour lemon juice, sprinkle with spices. Coat each piece with a generous layer of sour cream.
- Sprinkle with cheese chips, send to the oven.
- Turn on the timer for 30 minutes, setting the temperature in the oven to 180 o C.
Tilapia baked in foil
This method of baking, along with the preparation of tilapia in the sleeve, is gaining popularity. You can take the simplest set of ingredients - fish, oil, spices. Or expand the list somewhat by adding your favorite herbs, vegetables.
- Tilapia fillet - 4 pcs.
- Garlic cloves - 2-3 pcs.
- Fresh grated horseradish - 2 small spoons (optional).
- Salt, pepper, sunflower oil.
- Mayonnaise - 2-4 tablespoons.
- Spread a sheet of foil on a baking sheet to leave a fairly long loose piece.
- Oil, put pieces of fish.
- Season with seasonings, squeeze juice out of lemon. Pour mayonnaise generously.
- Wrap the loose end of the foil. Bake at 200 ° C for 20-25 minutes.
Cooking Thawed Tilapia
You can cook the fillet in a hot pan. The hotter the dishes, the more crispy the fish will turn out. Alternatively, bake tilapia in the oven. Due to its hard flesh, its fillet is also excellent on the grill.
Thawed fish can be marinated or seasoned with dry spices before cooking.
Put the fillet in a sealed plastic bag along with the marinade using wet and dry ingredients. It is advisable that the slave marinate from 20 minutes to an hour. Marinade penetrates tilapia flesh faster than dry rub. When wiping the fillet with dry spices, make sure that they are only wet slightly. Do not rub the meat, as it is thin enough and tears. Similarly, red fish is prepared from the store or just caught.
It is good for the body and tastes good!
Dishes from this fish are also very suitable for those who carefully monitor their figure. The fact is that there is practically no fat in her meat, which means that you will not get fat from her at all. And if tilapia is cooked correctly, combining with vegetables and spices, then you can also provide your body with all the necessary minerals and vitamins.
Another advantage of this fish compared to others is the minimum number of bones. And this is important if you do not like to mess around and choose small bones from juicy pulp. You can cook tilapia in different ways, but most cooks prefer to cook it in the oven, because in this case the meat remains very juicy.
In addition, this fish has a rather interesting story. For example, in Egypt it is considered a symbol of the birth of a new life. The reason for this attitude of the Egyptians is the fact that tilapia hatches caviar and fry in the mouth. And she can do this for up to a month, without taking any food. The Egyptians even built large pools near their homes and contained tilapia there, like a sacred animal.
But in Christianity, you can find references to the fact that St. Peter, who was a fisherman until then, until he became an apostle and most often he was caught precisely with tilapia. By the way, those two dark points behind the gills of tilapia are considered fingerprints. That is why in southern Europe and Israel, tilapia is called St. Peter's Fish.
Of course, you can tell many more stories about this wonderful fish, but the topic of our article is how to cook this fish. Dishes with this fish are quite popular, and one of the reasons for this demand is the lack of small bones. So you can cook any dish with this fish, even for a small child.
Features of cooking tilapia in the oven
Before you start cooking this fish, you should know that its meat is very useful for the human body, because it contains a huge amount of protein. Well, now we turn directly to the features of baking in the oven. If you like the baked fish to have a golden crisp, then the scales should be removed before cooking.
Yes Yes! It turns out that some very lazy cooks bake unpeeled fish. But such dishes have a very specific taste. Yes, and remove the skin along with the scales is very problematic after cooking.
In order for the tilapia baked in the oven to have a very original taste and aroma, you can put a few slices of lemon in the abdomen. So you will get a very tasty fish, as if saturated with a lemon smell.
And one more thing: if you bought a frozen filet, then you can not defrost it. So you only save time, and the fish will turn out more juicy, because during cooking it was quite a lot of liquid.
To prevent the fish from being too dry, you can pour a little vegetable oil on a baking sheet. A very good way to cook tilapia fillets in the oven is wrapping in foil.
So you artificially create the effect of a double boiler and all the meat is saturated with the aroma of those vegetables that are in the foil with the fish. A feature of this cooking method is that you need to wrap the fish in foil so that there is a layer of air between it and the wrapper.
Oven cooked tilapia dishes
To get started, consider the easiest way to bake.
- Two tilapia fillets,
- Fifteen milliliters of lemon juice
- Half a tablespoon of melted butter,
- A quarter teaspoon of black pepper
- A quarter cup of grated hard cheese:
- Sliced Tomatoes.
- First of all, start heating the oven, because you can put a baking sheet there only if the temperature is already high enough. So while you are cooking, the oven will slowly heat up.
- Rinse the fillet under cold water.
- Then gently pat it with paper towels, the filet should be completely dry. By the way, rinsing is not necessary, but I think that it is still necessary to wash all kinds of dirt off the fish, but you don’t know how it was delivered to the supermarket.
- Now you need to mix the melted butter and lemon juice.
- The next step is to put the fillet not a baking sheet. Do not save space and put the pieces you need at small intervals.
- Pour each filet with the mixture obtained earlier and pepper.
- Now you can put the pan in the oven.
- At a temperature of 190 degrees, tilapia should be ready in half an hour.
- If you want, you can sprinkle it with grated cheese for about ten minutes before being cooked.
By the way, if you want, you can cook in the oven and tilapia with vegetables. To do this, you just need to supplement the dish with potatoes, tomatoes and onions.
Tilapia in the oven with potatoes
- 300 g of potatoes
- 500 g tilapia fillets,
- half the onion
- one glass of milk
- two tablespoons of mayonnaise,
- 100 g of grated hard cheese.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into slices. Then put it on a baking sheet in a dense layer,
- Wash the fish, dry with a paper towel and spread on top of the potatoes,
- Sprinkle it all with pepper.
- Now you need to make the sauce. To do this, you need to mix milk, mayonnaise and cheese.
- Mix our sauce well and pour the fish over it.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and put a baking sheet there.
- The dish is prepared for about half an hour, and the indicator of readiness is a crisp golden hue.
Tilapia fish rolls with cheese
- 100 g Philadelphia cream cheese,
- a glass of cream
- two glasses of sweet mustard,
- a quarter of a tablespoon of horseradish
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the fillet into strips, ten centimeters wide.
- We mix Philadelphia cheese, horseradish and mustard and put the resulting mixture on slices of fillet.
- Then carefully wrap each strip in a roll.
- After the last roll is already twisted, put everything that we have in a baking dish and fill with cream. Attention! Cream should reach the middle of the rolls.
- Sprinkle with pepper and salt and put in the oven.
- Bake this dish at a temperature of 200 degrees for half an hour.
- You can perfectly complement this recipe with vegetables. So rolls become more refined and tasty. The advantage of adding vegetables is also the original aroma, thanks to which your whole family will look forward to when the dish is ready.
As you can see, preparing tilapia in the oven is very simple. You can use a variety of vegetables, seasonings to prepare this wonderful fish. And by the way, the number of recipes for cooking tilapia in the oven is not limited to those listed by us. You can safely experiment and add your own ingredients.
Most importantly, remember that you can’t fry or bake tilapia for too long, because due to the small amount of fat it can turn out to be too dry. Good luck in the culinary field!
How to cook tilapia in the oven
p, blockquote 4,0,0,1,0 ->
p, blockquote 5,0,0,0,0 ->
- Defrost the fish fillet in advance. The best way for this is to put the frozen tilapia in a plastic bag, mark in a large bowl or pan, pour water in it and refrigerate it. In this process, the structure of the fish will not be damaged, and the number of bacteria will be minimized! We lay out already thawed pieces of fish in one layer on an oiled baking sheet. Sprinkle tilapia with salt and ground pepper. You can also enrich the taste of tender fish with a mixture of herbs.
- Rub the peel of the lemon with small chips (we only need the yellow peel, do not touch the white bitter part). For a pleasant citrus aroma, we distribute the zest into pieces of tilapia.
- Sprinkle the fish with lemon juice, and then generously cover each piece with a layer of sour cream.
- Rub the cheese with large chips, spread on top of the sour cream layer. Thanks to sour cream, the tilapia fillet will turn out to be as juicy, soft and tender as possible, and the cheese melted during the preparation process will complement the tasteful “composition” with an appetizing stretching crust.
- We send the semi-finished product for 25-30 minutes to the red-hot oven - keep at a temperature of 180 degrees. A lightly browned cheese crust will indicate the readiness of the fish.
- Sprinkled with fresh herbs and supplemented with vegetables, serve tender tilapia fillet. If desired, we complement the fish with a hearty side dish: boiled rice, mashed potatoes, etc.
Tilapia fillet in the oven is ready! Enjoy your meal!
Cooking Frozen Tilapia
Tilapia can be cooked frozen, which saves time on defrosting. Ледяное филе бессмысленно мариновать, но добавление ароматного соуса во время или сразу после приготовления блюда может улучшить аромат.Fresh-frozen fish can also be boiled, steamed, baked or grilled.
To prepare the filet from a frozen state, rinse it under running water to remove the top ice, and then pat it dry. Then put a frying pan with a little olive oil on the fire and put the fish there. The meat will be cooked when it is easily split into flakes with a fork.